It was 75º here in North Carolina on Monday so Jon and I hit the nursery to prep our spring garden and on the way home decided that cocktails on the porch sounded like the perfect way to top off the day. No one wants spiked cider while they plant zinnias, so we opted for watermelon cucumber aqua fresca margaritas and they were deeeeelish. Lots of Instagram friends asked for the recipe, so here we go!
Ingredients (makes 2 cocktails):
- Watermelon (1/2 a melon or a tub of cut pieces will do)
- 1 Cucumber, cut into 1/4″ slices
- 1 Lime
- Ginger Ale (optional)
- Place 5-6 cubes of watermelon and 3-5 slices of cucumber (depending on how strong you’d like that flavor to be) in a blender or NutriBullet and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a cocktail shaker and add the juice of 1 lime.
- Add 2 shots of tequila and a splash of ginger ale (optional).
- Shake and pour over ice.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber or lime.
It’s super easy to adapt this recipe for my mocktail momma-to-be friends, too!